I love making this July 4th Trifle Dessert for our annual Independence Day party! It is the perfect dessert for summer picnics and gatherings with family.
This 4th of July Trifle Dessert recipe is sure to be one of everyone's favorites. It is filled with the goodness of Jell-O, pudding, angel food cake, fruit and whipped cream! It is sure to be a favorite that you will want to make all the time!
4th of July Trifle Dessert:
The best part about this no bake dessert recipe, is you can prepare it the day before! For a busy mom like me, I love that it is something I can make ahead of time before our party. It leaves time for me to do other things and keep the stress away when planning for a large crowd to come over. Be sure to try this delicious July 4th Trifle Dessert this summer, you will not be disappointed!
Everyone enjoys this festive dessert when made in a clear glass bowl. It is perfect for not only a delicious dessert but also for decoration too. Be sure to give this a try when you are looking for a patriotic dessert idea for your next gathering.
4th of July Trifle Dessert
- 1 package 3 oz. berry blue Jell-O
- 1 package 3 oz. strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages 3.4 oz. each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 whole prepared angel food cake 8 to 10 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir ½ cup cold water into each.
- Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside ¼ cup blueberries and ½ cup strawberries for garnish.
- Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture.
- Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use..
Patriotic Dessert Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.