I love making this American Trifle Dessert for our family's Labor Day party! It is also perfect for summer picnics and time together with family. This recipe is sure to be one of everyone's favorites. It is filled with the goodness of jello, pudding, angel food cake, fruit and whipped cream! It is sure to be a favorite that you will want to make all the time!
The best part about this dessert recipe, is you can prepare it the day before! For a busy mom like me, I love that it is something I can make ahead of time before our party. It leaves time for me to do other things and keep the stress away when planning for a large crowd to come over. Be sure to try this delicious American Trifle Dessert this summer, you will not be disappointed!
American Trifle Dessert
- 1 package 3 ounces berry blue gelatin
- 1 package 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries quartered
- 1 prepared angel food cake 8 to 10 ounces, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each.
- Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish.
- Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture.
- Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use..
More Patriotic Dessert Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.