This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked Spaghetti is a favorite of my Father In Law. I wanted to share it with you as it is a great crowd pleaser. This recipe is a great stockpile recipe. I like to serve my spaghetti with Garlic Breadsticks. Baked-Spaghetti is AMAZING! This is my father-in-law’s favorite recipe!
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Baked-Spaghetti is AMAZING! This is my father-in-law's favorite recipe!
- 1 package 16 ounces, spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jar 24 ounces, meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups 16 ounces 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups 16 ounces part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni for top - optional
- Vegetables - chopped onions peppers, mushrooms - optional
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, peppers, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and add pepperoni on top if desired.
Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I like to bake in individual oven safe bowls too.
You may enjoy these Spaghetti Recipes: