Banana Pudding Poke Cake is such an easy dessert and taste amazing! Plus you can prepare it ahead of time which makes it easy for parties or gatherings. All you need is 6 ingredients and time to assemble it together. It really is a simple dessert but it’s a huge hit with everyone.
My sister in law recently made this Banana Pudding Poke Cake for our family Easter dinner. The kids loved it and so did the adults! Alicia prepared the cake the day before and when she arrived at my house we put it in the fridge. Then before serving she added the whipped cream and crushed wafers. It was a delicious dessert and the perfect ending to our dinner.
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 12 oz 7up or Sprite
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant banana pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 8 oz tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20 vanilla wafers crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together cake mix and 7up until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until done (toothpick comes out clean in center).
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes.
- Then with a wooden spoon handle or straw, begin poking holes in the cake (not too close together).
- Be sure to poke all the way down to the pan.
- In a bowl whisk together instant pudding with milk, stir until all the lumps are gone.
- Let pudding sit for 2 minutes so it just begins to get thick.
- Pour pudding over cake, taking care to get over the holes.
- Spread it all out with the back of a spoon, gently pushing the pudding down in the holes.
- Set cake in the fridge to get cold.
- Once the cake has cooled and pudding is set, spread the whipped cream on top.
- Spread crushed wafers on top of cake right before serving.
More Dessert Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.