My friend Sarah shared this recipe and warm blueberry muffins with me. They were simply AMAZING! I haven't been eating gluten free bread in months and the temptation was simply too much for me. I ate one, I ate two, I can't lie, I ate the third! She was kind and brought three fresh from the oven still warm and bubbly and it is true, I didn't share them. In my defense my husband told me to indulge because he knows that I don't get a warm fresh from the oven delicious gluten free muffin often (ok never) so I did.
This recipe was easy to prepare and can easily be frozen and then enjoyed daily for breakfast or for a special occasion. The recipe comes from A Girl Defloured. These are seriously the Best Gluten Free Muffins EVER! No one believes they are really gluten free they are that good!
You can use this Gluten Free Flour Mixture to prepare. I keep in on hand all of the time for baking gluten free. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Thanks so much Sarah for sharing and to my husband for allowing me to be a little selfish!
Best Gluten Free Muffins
- 2 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 extra large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter real butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract gluten free
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- optional - turbinado (raw) sugar for sprinkling on the top of each muffin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with gluten free cooking spray or line with paper liners. (I like to use oil instead of cooking spray)
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries, do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup slightly more than half way.
- Optional - Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter!