If you are looking for a DELICIOUS side dish that is Whole 30 compliant this is it! In late December my family traveled to Hilton Head with my parents to celebrate the New Year on the beach. First of all just let me say if you have never enjoyed New Year on the beach I highly recommend it! In fact my husband and I vowed to each other as our New Years Resolution that we will one day live at the beach and it is a goal we are working on as I type.
However I digress...one of the highlights of our trip was enjoying eating out at places we had never tried before. One place that we dined was Burnin' Down South With Chef David. I enjoyed gluten free fried alligator and the most amazing potato hash I have ever had in my life. I don't know why I didn't think of this on my own. I asked our server for the recipe and he gave it to me. I came home and re-created the amazing side dish recipe and we have been eating it once a week since!
This side dish is Gluten Free and Whole 30 compliant and it makes for amazing leftovers that can be enjoyed with any meal! I like to serve this with Coconut Chicken and Roasted Broccoli.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 6 Red Potatoes (Leave Skin On), Diced
- 6 small Yukon Gold Potatoes (Leave Skin On), Diced
- 1 onion yellow or white, diced
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- In a large cash iron skillet, heat your oil.
- Add your potatoes and onion and cook until tender (about 30 minutes). Allow some pieces to brown for a delicious flavor.
- At the end add a variety of spices. David uses garlic and a rosemary blend. I have also used ginger/turmeric.
- The sky is the limit on the flavor profiles that you can use with spices.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!