Have you heard that Waffle Tacos are the new craze? Well my husband was craving a buffalo chicken wrap and we didn’t have any tortillas so I thought why not improvise with a frozen waffle and this is how the Buffalo Chicken Waffle Taco was born.
Now when I told him I was going to use a waffle instead he actually laughed at me…well until he took the first bite that is. He was so happy we were out of wraps once he took his first bite and immediately asked for seconds!
This is a super simple recipe to make and best of all it is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! In fact once we started creating we couldn’t stop so we are going to be sharing several of our Waffle Taco creations with you!
Best of all this recipe took me less than 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish and that is so important to me as a busy working Mom. I hope you all enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Waffle Taco as much as my hubby did! I love this new twist on the traditional waffle and the traditional taco night!
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Taco
- 8 Frozen Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 box Eggo Waffles
- Blue Cheese Dressing optional
- Prepare the frozen chicken tenders according to the package instructions
- Toast your Eggo Waffles
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Cut up your prepared chicken tenders
- Toss with Franks Hot Sauce - we used 1/4 cup
- Slightly bend your waffle (like you would a taco)
- Add coated chicken tenders to middle and bend into taco
- Add additional shredded cheese
- Add blue cheese dressing if desired