Cajun Shrimp is a great dinner for Lent or anytime! So simple to make with a few ingredients, but the taste will make your taste buds explode. I am not one to like anything spicy or with heat, but these Cajun Shrimps were lip-smacking good to me. I honestly can not believe that I have steered away from cajun spice before, because I am hooked now.
You can adjust the heat by adding more or less of the cajun seasoning to your family's desire. I felt we had just the right amount for my husband and me. My kids are not big seafood eaters so I had made them some Pioneer Womans Chicken Tenders. I love to serve rice and bread with our shrimp, be sure to use that bread to dip in the juices from the delicious Cajun Shrimp!
- 1 lb shrimp deveined and peeled
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 3-4 slices lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- In medium size bowl combine shrimp, cajun seasoning and olive oil.
- Let marinate 10 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat.
- Melt butter in skillet and add shrimp.
- Saute shrimp, tossing every 1-2 minutes.
- Cook 8-9 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve immediately with lemon slices if desired.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.