This recipe for Candy Bar Pie just looks amazing! Recently my great aunt Peggy made this for her daughter's birthday. When I saw them post a picture, I just had to get the recipe and their opinion on it. They said they ate the whole thing that night!
They could not get enough of the Candy Bar Pie and will definitely be making it again! I know I will be putting this on the next menu plan for my boys. This would be a great dessert idea after Halloween when you have tons of candy to use!
Candy Bar Pie
The recipe for Candy Bar Pie is delicious and the best dessert ever! Perfect to make with leftover Halloween Candy!
- 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup candy bars (I used 8 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, about 15 mini Rolos, and a handful of M&Ms to make 1 cup)
- Extra candy for the top of the pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pie crust in a 9” pie plate, crimping as desired.
- Press the sides of the crust so they are firmly attached to the edges of the pie plate.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer).
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix.
- If you are using a stand mixer, add your candy bars to the bowl and mix on medium-high to chop of the candy (The strength of the mixer is enough to break up soft pieces of candy, like Reese’s or Rolos, If you’re using a hand mixer, coarsely chop the candy, the mix it into the dough).
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
- Press some remaining candy on the top for decoration.
- Press the sides of the crust that are showing with the tines of a fork a few times.
- Bake for about 24-30 minutes, until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden.
- It may still be a little jiggly in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Serve by itself or with whipped cream or ice cream.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.