Do you want chicken that has a taste that will leave you wanting more and more? If so then you need to make this scrumptious Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken recipe! I promise you will love the taste and want to make it again.
This super easy recipe only requires 5 ingredients and a cast iron skillet. I love cooking in my cast iron skillet and I really love that this chicken gets done in only an hour! Start off with a clean chicken in a shallow pan. Simply pour olive oil over the chicken then sprinkle on seasoning and place orange slice in it.
Next you carefully place the chicken in the preheated cast iron skillet that's in the oven and let it cook for 45 minutes or until it's done. Let it rest for about 15 minutes and it's ready to serve. Yes it really is that simple and if you are a multi-tasker like me I had my rolls ready and they went in the oven when the chicken came out. That way they could bake while the chicken was resting.
This easy recipe for Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken is ready within an hour! Put it in the oven and just wait.
Cast Iron Skillet Orange Chicken
- 1 whole 5-5 1/2 lb chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole mandarin oranges sliced
- cast iron skillet
- Place cast iron skillet in oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place clean chicken into shallow dish.
- Pour olive oil over chicken, then sprinkle with seasonings and place orange slices in cavity.
- Carefully place chicken into hot cast iron skillet.
- Roast chicken at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes for before carving and serving.
Popular Chicken Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.