Cheesy Potato Skins are the perfect appetizer for any party! Potato Skins are a great way to kick off any meal. I know when I go out to eat potato skins are always offered. One night I decided to have an appetizer night with my boys. They were so excited to have appetizers for dinner! We made these delicious Cheesy Potato Skins, Skyline Dip and Warm Bean Dip.
One tip to make sure you potato skins taste like restaurant potato skins is to lightly grease the outside of potatoes. Then cut a small slit in the top and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minute or until soft. Let stand until the potatoes are cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the cooked potato, leaving a very thin layer of potato (save the cooked potato for mashed potatoes).
Brush the outside and inside with melted butter. Sprinkle the inside with seasoning salt and Parmesan cheese. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and cook for 7-8 minutes. Fill with cheddar cheese and bacon and then bake for 3 minutes more. Finally top with sour cream and chives and you have the perfect Cheesy Potato Skins!
Cheesy Potato Skins
- 6 small baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- sour cream for topping optional
- diced fresh chives for topping optional
Lightly grease the outside of potatoes, cut small slit in the top and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minute or until soft.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle (about 15 minutes).
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the cooked potato, leaving a very thin layer of potato (save the cooked potato for mashed potatoes or hash browns).
- Brush the outside and inside of skins with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the inside with seasoned salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp and bubbly.
- Fill each with Cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Bake 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of chives if desired.
To save on cooking time for 45 minutes, prick the potato and place in microwave for 8 minutes or in a potato bag in the microwave.
Be sure to try these other Appetizer recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.