Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew is an amazing meal that you make in the crockpot. As many of you know by now, I love to cook in my crockpot. Being a busy mom to 3 boys I need all the help I can get in the kitchen. Anything that I can prepare ahead of time is great for me. This meal could also be a freezer meal. To learn more about freezer cooking click here. This recipe is packed full of healthy vegetables and tastes great! It is also naturally gluten free.
Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
- 4 whole Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 whole Sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 whole Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into ½ inch slices I used baby carrots about ½ a bag
- 1 can Stewed tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Fresh basil chopped
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Best to use a 4 ½ quart slow cooker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other amazing Soups/Stews:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.