You will love these delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch Packet Meals. We recently went to stay at a cabin in Red River Gorge KY made them for dinner.
These foil packets are the perfect all in one dinner for camping or anytime you are staying at a cabin. We cooked them on the gas grill but you could easily cook them on a campfire.
I love to cook foil packet meals because they remind me of my childhood. This easy recipe is a twist on the traditional Hobo Dinner because it uses chicken. Everyone loved the flavor combination. I mean you really can't go wrong with Bacon, Ranch, Cheese and Chicken can you? We think not.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Packet dinner was easy to prepare. Each family member could customize it to suit their needs and tastes which is always a Mom win for me. I would suggest this heavy duty aluminum foil to cook your meals in.
You can serve this dinner with a nice salad or green beans if you desire. Our crew absolutely loved this meal. I will be making this again for sure at home and while on vacation.
We hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe as much as we did. It was a crowd pleaser for sure. With ten people eating and not one complaint I call that pure dinner joy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packet
- Aluminum Foil
- 10 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 3 lb. bag of red potatoes
- 2 packets ranch
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cut up red potatoes into cubes.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and combine with 1 packet of ranch seasoning. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour into a gallon size ziploc bag and add cubed red potatoes.
- Place 1 pat of butter on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Add a chicken breast on top.
- Sprinkle with dry ranch seasoning.
- Add potatoes on top of the chicken breast.
- Tightly seal the foil so it won't leak while cooking. You can use two layers. I suggest heavy duty foil.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken breast is done and potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese, green onion and bacon on top.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.