This scrumptious Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Crockpot Freezer Meal recipe is so good! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when making 15 crockpot freezer meals for my family's dinners. With back to school activities in full swing, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family. It is a great way to save time and money in the kitchen.
So I got busy creating recipes so I could take an afternoon to prepare and have meals ready to go for my family. This chicken crockpot recipe has been a favorite so far out of the slow cooker meals and will be added to my regular menu meals. I served the delicious Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Crockpot Freezer Meal over rice and I used my 6 QT Green Bay Packers crockpot because it was the first game of the season this past Sunday. Click here to get one --->Green Bay.
This is a great recipe to make instead of ordering expensive take-out Chinese Food. This homemade version of the traditional will be one that the whole family will like. I like to serve it over rice or noodles. You can even add a few crispy chow mein noodles on top.
Chinese Chicken and Broccoli Crockpot Freezer Meal is so good and it's an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this crockpot dinner meal and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- Label freezer bag with cooking instructions and date.
- Mix together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and sesame oil in the freezer bag; add in the chicken.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- Thaw in fridge over night.
- Dump bag into crockpot and place lid on.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the sauce from the crock pot and mix with the 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker.
- Stir mixture back into the Crock Pot.
- Add the broccoli, stir again, and cook for another half an hour.
- In the meantime, cook the rice.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
MORE FREEZER MEAL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.