Chocolate Chip Muffins are a favorite in my house. My husband and boys love to have these muffins for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I also like to make these to take to gatherings because they are super easy to prepare ahead of time and they travel well. My son Max loves when I make Crockpot Hot Cocoa to go with these delicious muffins.
The most delicious Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe ever! Perfect sweet treat for breakfast or brunch. You can also freeze these muffins if you have extra, however I never do because my family enjoys them so much! This would also make for a nice gift to give to a neighbor or friend. Just prepare them and place into a basket and gift with a note.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup white sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to check out these other Bread recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.