Chocolate Chip Muffins are a favorite in my house. My husband and boys love to have these muffins for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. I also like to make these to take to gatherings because they are super easy to prepare ahead of time and they travel well. My son Max loves when I make Crockpot Hot Cocoa to go with these delicious muffins.
The most delicious Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe ever! Perfect sweet treat for breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 cup white sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to check out these other Bread recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.