Christmas Cowboy Cookies are simply scrumptious and kids and adults will love them! They are full chocolate chips, M&M's, oatmeal, dried cranberries and the list goes on. You get a little bit of everything in every bite you take. You can not go wrong making these cookies for a Christmas party or cookie exchange.
I was fortunate to have everything in my pantry when I made these. Using my stand mixer I started to combine all the ingredients. One of the first things I did was toast the coconut in the oven, be sure to not skip this part it does make a difference in the taste.
Once everything is mixed start spooning or use a cookie scoop to place on a ungreased baking sheet. Place on the oven and let the Christmas Cowboy Cookies bake. Once they are done, try to let them cool before eating, which will be hard to do! Be sure to make them this Christmas season and have a glass of Old Fashioned Homemade Egg Nog.
Christmas Cowboy Cookies recipe is scrumptious, making them perfect for your Christmas holiday baking!
Christmas Cowboy Cookies
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose White Flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup holiday red and green chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place coconut on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted, watching very closely so they do not burn.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the oats, white, dark, and holiday chocolate chips, dried cranberries and toasted coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.