Cinco de Mayo Slushies are the perfect beverage to enjoy on May 5th! Kids and adults will love this frozen tasty drink. Cinco de Mayo Slushies are super easy to make and the kids can even help.
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “fifth of May”) is a holiday that celebrates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.
Cinco de Mayo Slushies
- 4 Capri-Sun frozen
- red and green coloring
- Cool Whip
- In a blender put 2 frozen Capri-Sun and 1-2 drops of green food coloring; mix well until liquid is green.
- Pour into 4 cups dividing equally.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of Cool Whip over green slush and place in freezer.
- Rinse out blender and add the remaining Capri-Sun's and 3-4 drops of red food coloring; mix well until liquid is red.
- Pull out cups from freezer and pour red slush on top.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Before serving put a dollop of cool whip on top if desired.
More Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Here are some Spanish words that your family can enjoy!
esposo, marido;: husband
esposa, marida: wife
tío abuelo: great-uncle
tía abuela: great-aunt
primo: cousin (male)
prima: cousin (female)
primo carnal, prima carnal: first cousin
primo segundo, prima segunda: second cousin
medio hermano, hermano de padre, hermano de madre: half brother
media hermana, hermana de padre, hermana de madre: half sister
concuñado: husband of one’s spouse’s sister
concuñada: wife of one’s spouse’s brother
prometido, novio: fiance, boyfriend, groom
prometida, novia: fiancee, girlfriend, bride
amigo: friend (male)
amiga: friend (female)
conocido: acquaintance (male)
conocida: acquaintance (female)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.