You will fall in love with this Cinnamon Strudel Muffin recipe. It is perfect for breakfast or with afternoon tea. I love how easy it is to prepare. This is always my go to recipe when I am having guests over for coffee or when I am going to a brunch with friends. They always rave about how moist and delicious this muffin is!
Cinnamon Strudel Muffin
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center
- In another bowl combine egg, milk and oil and beat well.
- Add liquids to dry and stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, 2/3 full.
- Directions for topping: Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces.
- Cover muffins with strudel topping
- Bake in a 400 degree over for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes and remove from cups.
- Serve warm with butter.