Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets taste just like the real thing. I am in love with this easy recipe for dinner! We love to eat at Chick-fil-A but now we won't have to spend as much money because now we can just eat at home instead. Chick-fil-A uses Peanut Oil to fry their nuggets. It is worth the investment if you want them to taste just like the real thing or you can use another oil of choice 🙂
Some readers say that Chick-fil-A brines their nuggets in pickle juice (dill) and some don't agree. You can can always give it a try both ways and see what you think. We do not brine our nuggets and they taste amazing! We have also asked our local Chick-fil-A and they do not brine their nuggets.
This copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets Recipe tastes just like the real thing! This recipe will save you time and money!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- peanut or canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together.
- Place chicken on cutting board and cut into cubed bite size pieces; trim any fat that you may see.
- Place the chicken in the milk mixture and toss so that all is coated and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to soak.
- In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients listed above and stir
- In cast iron skillet or sauce pan (dutch oven) pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat.
- Remove the chicken from refrigerator and place about 8 pieces from the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil.
- Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink so you can cut one piece to test it out).
- Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any oil.
- Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken and serve.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.