This recipe for Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa tastes just like theirs! My friend Sheri made this for a party and she was so excited how much it taste just like Chipotles’s. Now I have no reason to not make my own bowl at home. All I have to do is make Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice and Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with this corn salsa and I have my very own bowl version!
Plus I can save lots of money from making it at home. This recipe for the Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa will make about 3-4 cups so be sure to have the leftovers for dipping with chips or take to a party. Be sure to give it a try!
Do you love Chipotle’s corn salsa as much as me??? If so check out this Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe!!!
Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 16 ounces white sweet corn fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 large poblano pepper + 1 teaspoon high heat oil
- 1 small red onion approx. 3/4 cup
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 2 limes + 1 lemon approx. 1/2 cup
- large pinch sea salt
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with tinfoil and then set the oven to broil.
- Using your hands, coat the poblano pepper with the oil and place on the cookie sheet.
- Broil the pepper in the oven for 5-7 minutes on each side, while keeping a close eye to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once both sides are brown, remove from the oven and set aside in a large bowl.; Cover the bowl and allow the pepper to sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa by finely chopping the red onion, jalapeno pepper (core and seeds removed), and fresh cilantro; Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Once the pepper has cooled, put on dish gloves and use your hands to peel the outer layer of skin off.
- Next cut off the top and slice the flesh away from the core.
- Finely chop the pepper and place it in the bowl with the corn.
- Pour the citrus juices into the bowl along with a large pinch of sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up 4 days.
More Copycat Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.