This recipe for Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa tastes just like Chipotle! My friend made this for a party and she was so excited how much it tastes just like the restaurant version. Now I have no reason to not make my own bowl at home.
Plus I can save lots of money from making it at home. This recipe for the Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa will make about 3-4 cups so be sure to have the leftovers for dipping with chips or take to a party. Be sure to give it a try!
Do you love Chipotle's corn salsa as much as me??? If so check out this Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe!!!
Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 16 ounces white sweet corn fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 large poblano pepper + 1 teaspoon high heat oil
- 1 whole small red onion approx. 3/4 cup
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes juice of 2 limes + 1 lemon approx. 1/2 cup
- 1 pinch large pinch sea salt
- 1 lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with tinfoil and then set the oven to broil.
- Using your hands, coat the poblano pepper with the oil and place on the cookie sheet.
- Broil the pepper in the oven for 5-7 minutes on each side, while keeping a close eye to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once both sides are brown, remove from the oven and set aside in a large bowl.; Cover the bowl and allow the pepper to sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa by finely chopping the red onion, jalapeno pepper (core and seeds removed), and fresh cilantro; Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- Once the pepper has cooled, put on dish gloves and use your hands to peel the outer layer of skin off.
- Next cut off the top and slice the flesh away from the core.
- Finely chop the pepper and place it in the bowl with the corn.
- Pour the citrus juices into the bowl along with a large pinch of sea salt and stir until well combined.
- Taste test and add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up 4 days.
More Copycat Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.