This recipe for Copycat KFC Coleslaw tastes just like the real thing! You can prepare it in as little as 15 minutes, but it needs to be refrigerated at least 4 hours before serving. But that just means you can make it ahead of time and no need to worry about a side dish.
Now you can make KFC coleslaw at home anytime you want it. I do not know about you, but I just love their coleslaw. Just something about it that makes it different. Recently over the 4th of July holiday I made this coleslaw recipe and it was a hit with everyone! It goes great with Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches, be sure to try it soon.
Copycat KFC Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 medium carrot (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Chop cabbage into chunks and run through your food processor, or chop fine.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients - mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl, whisk well.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion and toss well.
- Pour dressing over the slaw and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the cabbage to soak up the marinade (Overnight is best).
- Stir well before serving.
More Copycat Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.