This recipe for Copycat KFC Coleslaw tastes just like the real thing! You can prepare it in as little as 15 minutes, but it needs to be refrigerated at least 4 hours before serving. But that just means you can make it ahead of time and no need to worry about a side dish.
Now you can make KFC coleslaw at home anytime you want it. I do not know about you, but I just love their coleslaw. Just something about it that makes it different. Recently over the 4th of July holiday I made this coleslaw recipe and it was a hit with everyone! It goes great with Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches, be sure to try it soon.
Copycat KFC Coleslaw
This Copycat KFC Coleslaw recipe tastes just like the real thing and you can make it in as little as 15 minutes!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 medium carrot (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Chop cabbage into chunks and run through your food processor, or chop fine.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients - mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl, whisk well.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion and toss well.
- Pour dressing over the slaw and turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the cabbage to soak up the marinade (Overnight is best).
- Stir well before serving.
More Copycat Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.