Creamy Potato Soup Recipe made in the slow cooker is my favorite comfort meal of all time. Every year, I serve potato soup on Halloween night for my family and friends. We enjoy a bowl before trick or treating and then when we return we enjoy another bowl! There is nothing better on a cold Halloween night! My family loves to add toppings such as shredded cheese, bacon crumbles,green onions and sour cream. But you can adapt and use any of your family favorites.
The great thing about this soup is you can add everything right to your slow cooker. The hash browns are the secret ingredient of this recipe! Just use 1 (30 oz) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed), 3 (14 oz) cans chicken broth or 4 chicken bouillon cubes with 3 cups water, 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup, ½ cup chopped onion, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (more to taste) and 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened).
To prepare simply combine the potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Top with desired toppings such as bacon, green onions, shredded cheese or salt and pepper.
- 1 30 oz bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used cubed)
- 3 14 oz cans chicken broth or 4 chicken bouillon cubes with 3 cups water
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper more to taste
- 1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
- Optional Toppings: cheese bacon, sliced green onions
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, soup, onion, and pepper in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the cream cheese and cook 30 minutes or until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Top with desired toppings.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.