I love this Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon! It is perfect on a cold winter day!
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 baking potatoes peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon, stirring occasionally until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- When cool crumble the bacon.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoon fat and return to pot to medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and thyme and saute' until onion is soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer until potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Working in batches, process in blender with sour cream until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup and top with chives and bacon.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.