I took our BBQ Crock pot chicken recipe and turned it into Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken. This is a super easy recipe and a great way to stretch your dollar by shredding the chicken and serving it on a bun. I was able to turn 3 chicken breasts into enough to feed my family for 2 nights! You can also use this recipe when you are feeding a large crowd. The chicken goes further and tastes great on a bun.
Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken
- 3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Bottle of BBQ sauce
- Cover completely with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Simply place your chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add your BBQ sauce.
- Be sure that you cover completely.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and good for 6-8 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat.
- After cooked use two forks to shred the chicken and cook for an additional ½ hour.
- This recipe can be made with pork. We usually use Boneless Pork Loins.
- This recipe can be used with beef loin. Make sure you check on beef to be cooked thoroughly.
Easy-Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Add chicken and BBQ sauce into a zip-loc freezer bag and freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place into the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high.
Slow Cooker Recipes
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.