I love this easy homemade recipe for Crockpot Applesauce. This scrumptious, delightful applesauce is so easy to prepare in your slow cooker. Making it perfect for Fall time and well for my personally, anytime in my house because we just love applesauce. But if you are planning to take your family apple picking this Fall, then this would be a great recipe to plan to use for sure! My youngest boy loves having applesauce in his packed lunch for school. So I usually make this Crockpot Applesauce and put into small containers, it is a frugal way to save from buying the individual ones at the grocery store, which can be super expensive. Plus my son says he loves mine better (he knows the way to my heart).
This homemade applesauce recipe stays good for two weeks in the refrigerator and for 3 months in the freezer. I love to even heat the applesauce and eat it warm. Now my boys prefer it cold from the fridge. If you have apples going bad, then this is a good way to conserve them by making the Crockpot Applesauce and freezing it. I really hope you enjoy it as much as family does! So be sure to give it a try this Fall, you will not be disappointed at all! You can use this recipe to make Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken too! I love being able to use my own homemade recipe into this slow cooker meal that is perfect for fall.
The Weight Watchers Points Plus for this Recipe are: 1 Point Per Serving
- 8 medium apples use a variety
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 tsp light brown sugar unpacked
- Peel, core and chop apples and place in crockpot.
- Add lemon peel, lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Stir occasionally, apples will slowly become applesauce.
- Remove cinnamon stick and blend together.
If you like this tasty recipe you may also like the following popular recipes:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- DIY Twix Bars
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- DIY Uncrustables - How to Freeze PBJ's
MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.