Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup is a hearty soup full of flavor and wholesome goodness. When I made this soup it was a very cold, blustery day here in Kentucky. My husband was so happy to come home from a cold day of work to this warm, delicious dinner. My boys love squeezing their lime wedges over the soup to give it a great taste. You do not need the lime juice, but it definitely adds to the wonderful flavor of the soup.
If you like things on the hotter side then you can adjust the heat by adding more or less of the chili powder and chili peppers. You can make it just right for everyone in your home. The great thing about this soup is you can put it on before you leave for work and it will be done when you get home. If you cook it over the time, it's okay because it's a soup so it will not be bad, but better because the spices will really mix together. Be sure to try Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup the next chance you get because you will not be disappointed!
- 2-3 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 4 ounce can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 10 ounce package frozen corn, optional
- 1 14.5 ounce great northern beans, drained (optional)
- 1 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- toppings - shredded cheese sour cream, lime wedges (optional)
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn, beans and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as tortilla chips. sour cream, lime wedges and shredded cheese if desired.
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Popular Slow Cooker Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.