Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato is the perfect easy dinner for Autumn. This delicious clean eating meal has such a great savory taste with a little bit of sweetness. The spices used in this recipe really bring the dish to life and will make your taste buds explode with delight! My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the amazing taste and how hearty this meal was. You will not be disappointed so be sure to try this Paleo and Gluten Free recipe!
This is what Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato looks like when you put it in the Crock Pot to cook.
This is what the delicious meal will look like in your dinner bowl! This recipe is so yummy!
I love to serve this delicious dinner with Roasted Broccoli and Homemade Garlic Bread. You could easily cook with the skins on if you choose and add chunks of fresh apples too! Be sure to use unsweetened applesauce to keep this recipe Paleo. Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. We hope you enjoy this delicious Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato recipe as much as we do. It is the perfect recipe for fall!
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- Sea salt + cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder you can also use cumin if you don't have curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Layer the sweet potato chunks and chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, red onion, apple sauce, cider vinegar, curry powder, and ginger.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sweet potato chunks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until the chicken and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve alone or over rice.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.