Crockpot Creamy Turkey & Dumplings is a great one dish meal! I love making this meal on rainy days or cold winter days and enjoying the warm comfort it brings me. Also when I make this I love the aroma that my home gets from it as it cooks throughout the day. I usually always have the ingredients in stock in my house, right after Thanksgiving for this easy crockpot recipe.
I love using leftover turkey from my Thanksgiving dinner for this recipe - turkey, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth and then I make homemade dumplings from scratch. That recipe is included in the ingredients listed below. But you can also use a can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters if you want too. This meal is a huge family hit and I hope you enjoy it as well! It is pure comfort food for me. This recipe really can't be beat on cold winter day!
To prepare simply dd all ingredients to the crockpot except for dumpling ingredients or biscuits. Stir together until mixed well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. In the last 30 minutes add dumplings or biscuits that have been quartered and cook on high. For dumplings - In a mixing bowl combine the ingredients until a stiff dough forms. Drop by tablespoons into the slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
I hope you enjoy homemade Crockpot Creamy Turkey & Dumplings as much as we do! It is recipe that I love to make for my family because they get so excited when they see me prep it!
- 2-3 cups cooked turkey diced
- 2 whole celery stalks sliced
- 2 whole medium size carrots sliced
- 1 whole medium onion diced
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Add all ingredients to crockpot except for dumpling ingredients or biscuits.
- Stir together until mixed well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add dumplings or biscuits that have been quartered and cook on high.
- For dumplings - In a mixing bowl combine the ingredients until a stiff dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoons into the slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.