I love to use my slow cooker to prepare dinner. Best of all I love when I can cook a complete meal in the slow cooker. Crockpot Pork Chop Supper was a crowd pleaser for my entire family. I simply prepped this meal and froze it. When I was ready to prepare it I thawed it overnight in the refrigerator and placed it into the slow cooker in the morning before heading off for a busy day. When I came home that evening we had a delicious and healthy dinner waiting on us.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. You can adjust this recipe to feed your family using 4-6 pieces of meat. I personally use 4 to feed my family of 3 with a leftovers for lunch the next day. I use 2 lbs of chicken in my recipe but you can adjust between 4-6 cuts of chicken.
When prepping your Crockpot Pork Chop Supper I would suggest that you cut your sweet potatoes in quarters because the diced sweet potatoes were a little overcooked for our liking. The carrots were perfect and the pork was little so tender there was no knives required to cut it. This recipe is Paleo and Whole 30 compliant if you omit the honey. It is also a naturally gluten free recipe. I hope you enjoy Crockpot Pork Chop Supper as much as we did.
- 2 cups fresh carrots I used baby carrots
- 4-6 thick cut boneless pork chops I used 2 lbs
- 3 medium fresh sweet potatoes quartered 1 lb
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 TBSP dried Adobe Spice Hound Seasoning blend of garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper optional
- In a freezer safe bag add all ingredients except for chicken broth.
- When ready to prepare thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add to slow cooker with chicken broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
I hope your family enjoys this meal as much as mine did!