Crockpot Southwest Flank Steak is a great freezer meal recipe! This is another meal that I made while doing my crockpot freezer meal recipes. I recently spent an afternoon making10 slow cooker freezer meal recipes and during that time I made this recipe and a previous featured recipe - Crockpot Chicken Chili (ah-mazing by the way!). Perfect for this frozen cold weather we are experiencing here in Kentucky.
You can make this recipe and cook right away or make as a freezer meal for future use. To make as a freezer meal be sure to write these directions on the bag - Cook on Low 7-9 Hours, Remove steak and slice into thin strips. Serve alone or with veggies from crockpot.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. If you want to learn more about Freezer Cooking, click here ---Freezer Meals and you may want to check out 20 Freezer Meals in 4 Hours.
This is an Easy Keto Diet Recipe. If you are following the Keto Diet or eating low carb, you will love this one. I like to serve it with cauliflower rice if I am eating Keto. Be sure to try this Crockpot Southwest Flank Steak because it will hit the spot!
Crockpot Southwest Flank Steak
- 1 ½ lbs flank steak or substitute round steak
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper sliced
- Place all ingredients in ziploc bag and mix well; freeze until ready to use.
- When ready to cook.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- In morning place in slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Remove steak and slice into thin strips against grain.
- Serve meat alone or with veggies from crockpot.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.