This scrumptious recipe for Death by Chocolate Trifle Dessert is the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover! It is also perfect for parties, picnics and time together with family. This recipe is sure to be one of everyone’s favorites. It is filled with the goodness of mousse pudding, devil’s food cake, Snickers candy bars and whipped cream! It is sure to be a favorite that you will want to make all the time! You can even tweak these ingredients if you have other candy bars on hand, however this recipe is delicious as is.
The best part about this dessert recipe, is you can prepare it the day before or prep the layers ahead of time then assemble right before the party! For a super busy mom like me, I love that it is something I can make ahead of time before our party or leaving to go to a get together. I also like that it travels well, making it easy to take to Thanksgiving or Christmas parties. It leaves time for me to do other things and keep the stress away when planning for a large crowd to come over. Be sure to try this delicious Death by Chocolate Trifle Dessert soon, you will not be disappointed!
Death by Chocolate Trifle Dessert
- 1 15 oz box devil's food cake mix, prepared according to box directions
- 1 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 4 boxes 3 to 4 oz each instant chocolate mousse mix
- Amount of milk called for on the chocolate mousse mix boxes
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 6 full-size Snickers candy bars crushed up
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to poke cake all over.
- Drizzle liqueur over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate mousse as directed on box.
- Cover and refrigerate until cake is ready.
- To assemble, crumble one-fourth to one-third of cake into bottom of very large trifle or punch bowl.
- Add a layer each of chocolate mousse, whipped cream and crushed candy.
- Repeat until you have 3 to 4 layers.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Dessert Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.