DIY Cream of Chicken Soup is so easy to prepare and made with good for you ingredients. There are only four ingredients needed in this easy recipe.
I had all the items in my pantry and refrigerator, so no need to run to the store for anything. It is best to use the Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup the day you make it, but it will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.
If you have ever found yourself wanting to make a recipe but you are out of cream of chicken soup this is a recipe for you. You can easily make this with gluten free flour too!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white flour (can use other types)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then add the flour.
- Cook, stirring rapidly, until the mixture is thick.
- Add the chicken stock and whisk until smooth, then add the milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- This will keep for a couple days in the fridge, but it's best to use it the day you make it.
- Makes a little over a cup,equivalent to one can of soup.
Seasoning and Sauce Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.