In my house we love to have brinner at least once a week. Biscuits and gravy are requested the most by all my boys 🙂 What I love about this recipe is you don’t need sausage or bacon drippings to make it. Only 6 ingredients needed and all six of them I have on hand at all times — milk, flour, butter, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
You can’t get better than biscuits and gravy! Pure southern comfort food. I hope you enjoy this easy version! It is great on busy mornings or week nights.
Easy Biscuits & Gravy
- For Gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can biscuits prepared
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk together to form a paste.
- Allow this to cook for a minute.
- Pour in milk, all at once, whisking constantly.
- Add seasonings, whisking constantly.
- Allow the gravy to come to a boil, still whisking.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve over biscuits.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.