Easy Crockpot Barbecue Chicken is super delicious and simple to make! With only 3 ingredients and some spices needed in this wonderful slow cooker recipe. I was able to assemble this in the crockpot in less than five minutes in the morning. I put my chicken breasts in frozen and they turned out amazing! I love that I did not need to worry about thawing them the night before.
To prepare, in a small bowl whisk together barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes and garlic powder. Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour barbecue sauce mixture over them. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Remove the BBQ Chicken from the crockpot and serve with sauce if desired.
We hope you enjoy this Easy Crockpot Barbecue Chicken as much as we do! It is soon to be a family favorite once you give it a try. I love that it is an inexpensive recipe that feeds a large crowd. You can even shred the chicken to make it stretch further and serve on buns. It is the perfect recipe for summer. You don't have to heat up your house and you can enjoy BBQ chicken. You can use any brand of BBQ sauce you like for this recipe. In the summer I like to stockpile sauce when I find it on sale.
- 4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce I used Country Bob's
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl whisk together barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes and garlic powder.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot and pour barbecue sauce mixture over them.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and serve with sauce if desired.
SIDE DISH RECIPES:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.