Easy Crockpot Black Bean Soup is the easiest, tastiest vegetarian soup ever! With only a few ingredients and spices this soup is super delicious and good for you. Not to mention that the cost for this soup is super low. Which is a huge plus for my family of 5! I like to supplement protein with beans at least once a week in order to help decrease my family budget.
I kept a tally of the prices I spent on most of the items, the spices and minced garlic I already at home so I did not to need to spend money on them -- 2 cans black beans - $0.69/each, 2 cans diced tomatoes on manger's special at Kroger's $0.19/each, 1 can corn $0.50/each and fresh chives on manager's special at Kroger's $0.79/each. So my grand total I spent was $3.05!!! That is awesome for a meal that will feed my family of 5.
This is a dump and go crockpot recipe. Simply toss everything in the crockpot and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve and enjoy! It is that simple! If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours.Feel free to add vegetable stock to this to thin it to your desired consistency.
I hope you enjoy this tasty Crockpot Black Bean Soup as much as we did! It is sure to be a family favorite once you try it!
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14 oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14 oz corn, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- vegetable stock or water for thinning - optional
- Toss everything in the crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours.
Crockpot Soup Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.