If you are looking for an Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce this, is it! It is also healthy and made with whole food ingredients. I created this recipe because I was looking for something to serve with spaghetti squash that was Whole30 compliant.
This recipe is also Paleo and naturally gluten free. My husband found it to be quite satisfying and really enjoyed the flavor. If you are eating low carb this is a great recipe for you too!
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. I prepared my spaghetti squash in the slow cooker too! It is perfect on a hot summer day because you don't have to heat your house up, but we really enjoy this recipe year-round. You can also serve it over traditional noodles or another vegetable noodle (like sweet potato or zucchini).
We enjoy a nice thick and hearty meat sauce however if you find this to be too thick for your tastes simply add a little water or another can of tomato sauce. We hope you enjoy this Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce. You can also add additional vegetables that you might have on hand too. That is great way to sneak in extra veggies into your family's diet.
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef you can also use turkey, pork or chicken
- 1 can 15 oz. tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Spice Hound tabil coriander, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, caraway seeds
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 2 cloves fresh garlic crushed and minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag. (You do not cook your ground beef in advance).
- When ready to cook thaw your bag in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If possible stir ½ way through but not required.
I hope your family enjoys this freezer meal as much as mine did! It is a go-to for busy weeknights. I like to keep it on hand during soccer season.
Whole 30 Recipes: