Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy is one the easiest recipes to make. It seems as if it took me years to learn how to make the perfect gravy.
I had a lot of trial and error when trying to make gravy from drippings. With this basic gravy recipe their is no drippings to use. Which makes it so easy!
Start by melting the butter in a sauce pan and slowly whisk in the flour making sure there is no clumps. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk. The sauce will start to thicken, next add in salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more if desired. Serve Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy over biscuits, mashed potatoes or Country Fried Chicken.
Easy Homemade Black Pepper Gravy
- 5 tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less depending on your love of pepper)
- Melt butter in medium size sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until mixture is creamy, smooth and free of clumps.
- Slowly pour in milk and continue whisking.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Add ½ teaspoon at a time and taste and then add more depending on your desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Seasoning/Sauce Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.