Easy Homemade Doughnuts are so yummy and all you need is a can of Pillsbury biscuits, cinnamon and sugar. My boys love helping me make these and sometimes they are sneaky and are popping them in their mouths before they even have a chance to cool off 🙂 Sometimes I even like to surprise them and have these yummy doughnuts ready when they wake up.
Homemade Doughnuts are easy to make and taste delicious! Perfect for a weekend breakfast with the family!
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuits
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable or canola oil You can also use shortening just make sure to use enough for the biscuits to be able to float
- Heat oil in medium size pan over low-medium heat.
- Open can of biscuits and lay biscuits on a tray or cookie sheet.
- Cut holes in center of biscuits (I use a thimble) and place to the side; you can use these to make doughnut holes.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in medium size bowl and mix thoroughly; set to the side.
- Carefully place 1-2 biscuits in oil.
- After 30-45 seconds flip with tongs or flip when they are golden brown.
- Watch carefully because they cook fast.
- After 30-45 seconds pull them out and place in sugar bowl.
- Stir and flip in sugar to coat doughnut.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits til done.
- Serve and enjoy.
Be sure to check out these other Breakfast recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.