Easy Italian Subs Recipe is a family favorite of our home. I like it because all my children love to eat it and I can make it in less than 30 minutes with only 3 ingredients, plus buns. Which is great for a weeknight meal right now because school has started for my boys. On top of school starting my two oldest boys have football practice every day after school. When they get home at 6 pm they are hungry! My oldest is 17 and the other is 12, they eat like they are the football team. But this dinner of Italian Subs fills them up and gives them the carbs they need to feel full and energize their body.
All you need for this Easy Italian Subs Recipe is ground beef, jar of pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese and hoagie buns. Yes, it is only 3 ingredients and then buns. Sometimes when cooking the ground beef I will add in some garlic powder for more flavor, but it is good without it too. My friend likes to add in chopped onion and bell peppers with her meat mixture, so you can mix it up to your family's liking. Be sure to try Easy Italian Subs Recipe on a busy school night soon, you will not be disappointed!
Easy Italian Subs Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar 24 oz pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 buns hoagie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and add ground beef, cook until no longer pink.
- Drain fat if needed, add back to skillet and add pasta sauce and simmer.
- Arrange hoagie buns on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Add about ⅓ cup cheese to the bottom of each bun.
- Scoop meat mixture into buns and divide evenly among them.
- Add remaining cheese to the top and place in oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes You May Enjoy:
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.