This post may contain affiliate links.
If you are looking for a destination for family fun in Cincinnati, Ohio you must consider a visit to the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens. If you are within a 2 hour radius this is a great destination for your Summer Bucket List. In fact I would suggest you consider investing in a season pass because if you go several times within a year it is worth it! You will never believe once you are inside the Cincinnati Zoo that you are in the city. The lush botanical gardens and animal habitats are amazing. The Cincinnati Zoo has a variety of animals, activities and attractions.
Family Fun at Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens – Cincinnati, OH
- Pack a lunch and enjoy a picnic at the Zoo. There are a variety of places inside the Zoo to eat and enjoy time together.
- You can purchase individual tickets both at the gate and online. Adult Online Price $16 (Gate Price $18) | Child/Senior Online Price $12 (Gate Price $13).
- They also offer Adult Online Price $25 (Gate Price $27)| Child/Senior Online Price $21 (Gate Price $22) Which Includes: Zoo Admission, Unlimited rides on BB&T Express Train Ride & Carousel, 4-D Theater Special FX Experience, Early Entry at 9am
- Wear comfortable shoes! You will do a lot of walking! Also dress in layers. It may be cool in the morning and warm up quickly while you are there.
- You will have to pay to park at the Zoo. The current parking fee is $9.00 and can be purchased at the Zoo via the Ticketing window when you enter. Both cash and credit cards are accepted to pay for parking.
- Be sure to check out the Event calendar when you plan your visit.
- Consider weekday visits in the summer for lighter crowds.
- Be sure to check the schedule when you are at the Zoo for any opportunites.
- Don’t miss your chance to feed a giraffe for a small charge. It is a super cool once in a lifetime experience.
- Take lots of photos! There are so many opportunities and ask a stranger to snap a family picture!
We hope your family enjoys the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens as much as our family did! It is a great frugal fun filled day and perfect for your summer bucket list!
This is one of 70 Things To Do In the Cincinnati Area – Summer Bucket List! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Disclosure: We were provided complimentary tickets to visit the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens however all opinions are 100% our own.