We are in LOVE with Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches. This is an easy freezer meal that becomes a hearty supper the whole family will love. Best of all you can serve it as a sandwich or you can serve it without. We enjoyed it with a baked potato but it is delicious alone.
If you are eating low carb or Keto Diet you can serve it with Cauliflower Fried Rice. This is also a delicious Paleo meal when served without the bun. My husband has declared this his favorite slow cooker supper to date! He really enjoyed the flavor of the pepperoncini. I have to say that I did too!
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. This recipe would be perfect for a large crowd. The flavor profile is delicious. I think it would be great for a holiday or party. It is easy to double when you are serving a large crowd. Crockpot Italian Beef will be a repeat on our menu plan. My husband is already asking for it again and we just finished dinner! I call that a winner for sure!
- 1 jar 12 ounces whole pepperoncini with the liquid
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast 3-½ to 4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 ½ cup beef broth
- 10 to 12 hard rolls split OR baked potatoes
- Place roast in a freezer bag and add 1 jar of whole pepperoncini with the liquid. Add Italian Seasoning and onion. Freeze.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into the slow cooker and add beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours on low.
- The roast will be tender and easy to shred with two forks.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve beef, peppers and onions on rolls.
- Or you can serve as is without rolls. I served it with a baked potato.
Give these Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches a try. Trust us you will be glad you did! This is a recipe that my entire family loves. It is sure to be a family favorite at your house too!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.