We are in LOVE with Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches. This is an easy freezer meal that becomes a hearty supper that they whole family will love. Best of all you can serve it as a sandwich or you can serve it without. We enjoyed it with a baked potato but it is delicious alone.
If you are eating low carb or Keto Diet you can serve it with Cauliflower Fried Rice. This is also a delicious Paleo meal when served without the bun. My husband has declared this his favorite slow cooker supper to date! He really enjoyed the flavor of the pepperoncici. I have to say that I did too!
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. This recipe would be perfect for a large crowd. The flavor profile is delicious. I think it would be great for a holiday or party. It is easy to double when you are serving a large crowd. Crockpot Italian Beef will be a repeat on our menu plan. My husband is already asking for it again and we just finished dinner! I call that a winner for sure!
- 1 jar 12 ounces whole pepperoncini with the liquid
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast 3-1/2 to 4 pounds
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 10 to 12 hard rolls split OR baked potatoes
- Place roast in a freezer bag and add 1 jar of whole pepperoncini with the liquid. Add Italian Seasoning and onion. Freeze.
- When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place into the slow cooker and add beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours on low.
- The roast will be tender and easy to shred with two forks.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve beef, peppers and onions on rolls.
- Or you can serve as is without rolls. I served it with a baked potato.
Give these Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches a try. Trust us you will be glad you did! This is a recipe that my entire family loves. It is sure to be a family favorite at your house too!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.