Flounder with Spinach and Peppers is a clean dinner that your entire family will love. This is one of my favorites healthy meals to enjoy in the summer when my peppers and spinach are fresh out of the garden.
This low-fat dinner is naturally gluten free and also Paleo. It is also Candida Friendly and Whole 30 complaint. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
In case you are on WW this is the point value - Weight Watchers Points Plus = 4 Points.
Give this healthy Flounder with Spinach and Peppers dinner recipe a try for Lent. You will be happy you did. I love how light and flavorful it is. You can substitute any fish you desire instead of flounder too.
Flounder with Spinach and Peppers
- 1 package flounder fillets or other white fish fillets
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 3 leaves Fresh Basil, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ whole lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Thaw flounder per instructions and pat dry with paper towels. Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for flounder or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Toss the fresh spinach together with the roasted red peppers, fresh basil, lemon juice and olive oil. (I like to do this 30 minutes before I bake the fish and chill). Place on the plate and top with the baked flounder.
Check out these other amazing Fish recipes:
Side Dish Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.