Flounder with Spinach and Peppers is a clean dinner that your entire family will love. This is one of my favorite healthy meals to enjoy in the summer when my peppers and spinach are fresh out of the garden. This low fat dinner is naturally gluten free and also Paleo. It is also Candida Friendly and Whole 30 complaint. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 4 Points
- 1 package flounder fillets or other white fish fillets
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups chopped roasted red bell peppers
- Fresh Basil 3 - 4 leaves chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Thaw flounder per instructions and pat dry with paper towels. Place the fish fillets in a single layer in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for flounder or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Toss the fresh spinach together with the roasted red peppers, fresh basil, lemon juice and olive oil. (I like to do this 30 minutes before I bake the fish and chill). Place on the plate and top with the baked flounder.