This post may contain affiliate links.
Football Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for Super Bowl parties, football game day or a themed football birthday party! I recently made these scrumptious chocolate fudge cupcakes to enjoy while we watched the NFC championship game. As you may know my family loves and roots for the packers, but unfortunately the lost that game. So these cupcakes were the perfect thing to cheer us up!
You can make any type of cupcake that you want – yellow, white or chocolate. But for the topping you will want chocolate frosting to resemble a football. Next you will need white icing to make the strings on the football. After I make my football cupcakes I like to store them in the fridge to keep them fresh.
About an hour before the party or game I will set them out to bring them to room temperature. I also made my cupcakes following the recipe of Soda Cake and Dr Pepper Chocolate Cupcakes which helps cut the calories and is Weight Watchers friendly.
- 1 package of chocolate fudge cake mix or your favorite flavor
- 12 oz Diet 7up
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 white icing pen
- sprinkles optional
- Mix together cake mix and soda, stir until no lumps.
- Line cupcake holder with liners and lightly spray with no cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with cake batter.
- Bake according to package directions(usually 18-22 minutes).
- Cool completely on cooling racks.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Next pipe white lines to resemble strings on a football (see picture for detail).
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out this post for all your Super Bowl needs –>20 Super Bowl Party Recipes