Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew was AMAZING! This recipe is easy to prepare ahead of time and store in the freezer. When I wanted to cook it I put it in the fridge the night before to thaw. Then in the morning I just put it in the crockpot for the day. This delicious recipe is perfect for fall!
I made this meal on a Sunday when I prepared several Freezer Cooking meals together. I spent a total of 5 hours cooking, chopping and washing dishes. However in the end I had saved myself time and filled my freezer with enough meals to feed my family for 3 weeks. I used cooked shredded chicken for this recipe. You may also want to check out our Freezer Cooking 101 Series.
This is an easy freezer recipe because you just combine ingredients minus broth and add to gallon Ziploc bag and freeze. Thaw and add broth and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours in the crockpot. Serve over hot rice. If you don't want to make this into a freezer meal simply dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook. I love to cook this recipe on cool fall nights. It is perfect for winter too! With the combination of the sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, chicken and spices you will love the flavor profile. It is a complete dinner that the entire family will love.
I hope you enjoy this Crockpot Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe that is perfect for fall! It is soon to be a family favorite!
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6 Points Per Serving
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (I used shredded chicken)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 1 can 28 ounces whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Combine ingredients minus broth and add to gallon Ziploc bag.
- Thaw add broth and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours in the crockpot.
- Serve over hot rice.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.