I was at my parents house visiting and my Mom made this amazing homemade fresh blueberry sauce or topping. We used it for a topping on our ice-cream. It is so easy to make and best of all gluten free!
You could also use it for pound cake, cheesecake, angel food cake, pancakes or waffles. This homemade blueberry sauce was yummy and she used fresh blueberries that she picked at a local farm. I think it is the perfect summer recipe!
Fresh Blueberry Sauce/Topping
This Fresh Blueberry Sauce Topping Recipe is easy to make and perfect for ice cream or cheesecake. Your guests will really be impressed!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice remove seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash and crush blueberries (slightly).
- Add sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- In a small saucepan, bring blueberry mixture to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Add Vanilla.
- Serve over pudding, cake, or ice-cream.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: