This Fried Chicken Salad recipe is so easy to prepare with a few simple, great ingredients. It's the perfect recipe for a crisp, light dinner and the whole family will love it. Sometimes when dining out with my family I will order this salad, so I thought why not make it myself at home to save money! So that is how I came up with this recipe for Fried Chicken Salad.
I was able to get all the ingredients from my local Save A Lot store in Dry Ridge, Kentucky. Which saved me money and the ingredients were fresh and delicious. I only spent $12.24 for the ingredients and feed my family of five (3 adult servings and 2 children servings), which breaks down to only $2.24 per person!
Not to mention I did not use the whole bag of chicken or containers of bacon bits and salad dressing so I can use them again. Here is a breakdown of cost - Bag of Chicken - $4.99, Salad Dressing -$1.79, Bacon Bits - $1.49, Bag of Salad Mix - $1.99, Tomatoes $0.99 and Celery $0.99. Prices may vary on location of your store.
One of the best things about this Fried Chicken Salad is you can adapt to include what you want for your family's need. If there is something you do not like, you can omit it. I think next time I make this scrumptious salad I will make my own ranch dressing using this recipe --- Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix. I may also try making my own Fried Chicken Bites, look for the recipe soon!
So next time you are wanting a tasty, easy salad for lunch or dinner be sure to try this Fried Chicken Salad! You will not be disappointed and your family will love it. This salad is especially great on a hot, summer day.
Fried Chicken Salad
- ½ bag Banquet Boneless Fried Chicken
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- 2 teaspoon bacon bits
- 1 bag salad mix
- 1 whole tomato cut into wedges
- 2 stalks celery diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place chicken on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix together ranch dressing and bacon bits in small bowl and set aside.
- Place lettuce in large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss with tongs until lettuce is coated.
- Set aside.
- Divide lettuce onto 4 cold plates.
- Arrange each salad with tomato wedges and celery pieces.
- Top each salad with ¼ of the chicken pieces.
- Add more dressing and bacon bits if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.