Frosted Brownies are my husband's favorite brownie to enjoy! He loves for me to make the brownies from my own homemade brownie mix or if you are in a bind for time you can always use a brownie mix.
I bake the brownies and pull them out of the oven. While they are still warm I just simply spread chocolate frosting across the top of them. Let them cool and then serve them up either by themselves or sometimes I may add a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
I usually just use frosting from my stockpile that I have on hand. For these brownies I did use Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge ready-to-spread frosting, but you can use whatever you have on hand or make your frosting from scratch. Frosted Brownies are so delicious and easy to prepare. The perfect dessert on a busy day!
- brownies already made
- 1 can Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Frosting or any other brand
- Bake and make brownies according to package or recipe directions.
- Once you pull them out of the oven and they are still warm, spread frosting over the top.
- Let cool completely then slice and serve.
DIY Brownie Mix
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
Liquid ingredients for Brownies:
- 1 cup melted butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- **Gluten Free** Use your favorite gluten free flour mix in place of the all purpose flour and add 1 tsp xanthum gum
- **Dairy Free** Use dairy free margarine instead of butter
- **Vegan** Replace the eggs with 1 tablespoon of ground Flax Seed per egg mixed with enough water to have a loose paste and the butter/margarine with your favorite vegan spread.
Dry Mix Directions:
- Mix ingredients together and place in a jar or air tight container.
To Prepare Brownies:
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Spread batter evenly and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes or until done.
Be sure to try these other Brownie recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.