Making a Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana is one of my all time favorite summer treats! I love this easy dessert recipe and may or may not eat too many during the summer break. My kids also love this healthy treat and they even have fun making them.
All you need is bananas, chocolate chips, coconut oil and a Popsicle sticks. These Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas do take some time to make, but you can make an abundance at one time which is what I prefer to do. That way at anytime I can go to the freezer and grab a delicious, healthy dessert treat! You can also make this easy recipe gluten free by using GF chocolate chips. So be sure to try them soon, you will not be disappointed!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana
- 12 large bananas
- 1 cup 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 4 oz coconut oil
- 24 popsicle sticks
- parchment paper
- Peel the bananas and cut each in half crosswise and insert a popsicle stick into each half.
- Arrange bananas on a tray lined with parchment paper and freeze until frozen, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Just before removing bananas from the freezer, prepare the chocolate coating.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Heat for 1 minute, then remove and stir vigorously for 1 full minute.
- If necessary, heat for an additional 30 seconds and then stir for another minute until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a tall narrow glass and dip each banana until well coated.
- Allow the excess chocolate to drip back into glass for several seconds and then place on the parchment paper to dry.
- After all the bananas have been covered, store in plastic bag in freezer.
More Dessert Recipes
Two Ingredient Mango Sorbet (Gluten Free)
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.