I am in love with this light and delicious Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Salad. It is a great way to use up leftover chicken (or maybe even turkey). You could easily use Vegenaise for this recipe too for a clean recipe! This is a great winter dish too. I love using cabbage to stretch my family budget in the winter season.
This is a great recipe to make up in bulk for meal prep. It is gluten free and healthy. A great way to sneak in additional veggies.
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp gluten-free mayonnaise I like Veganaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, cabbage, red pepper, green onions, and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe was found in "Cooking Gluten-Free!" by Karen Robertson.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.