Do you miss donuts? Here's an easy recipe for chocolate, baked donuts that are lower in sugar. Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chocolate Donuts are out of this world amazing! If you are looking for a delicious Gluten Free donut recipe then look no further!
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Chocolate Donuts
- 1 ⅛ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum or konjac powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup or less of confectioner's sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and salt in mixer.
- Add almond milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla extract one at a time; mixing in between. It should be the consistency of cake batter when finished; if it is still too wet, add a little more gluten-free flour to it.
- Fill each donut cup with chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 13 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in cleanly to the donut.
- Put donuts on rack and allow them to cool slightly. Dust with confectioner's sugar, if you like.
- Makes 6 donuts.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.